Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Know What To Ask???
Here are just 10 helpful questions designed to guide you through the process of selecting the perfect Dojo for you and your children:
- What age range do you teach?
- TBBA: We teach ages 3 years to Adult.
- How often are the classes, can I choose which days?
- TBBA: Classes for the basic program are twice a week and you can choose when you come in.
- Are adults and children separate?
- TBBA: Classes are combined children and adults so you can train with your child.
- Are you affiliated with a national organization?
- TBBA: Yes, we are members of the American Black Belt Association & the Adaptive Martial Arts Association.
- Do you require fees for belt testing?
- TBBA: We charge $15 per belt graduation, this covers the cost of the belt and certificate
- Do you charge for the uniform? Sparring gear?
- TBBA: Your uniform is included with the program, sparring gear is discounted 25% off
- Do you have qualified adult instructors?
- TBBA: All our instructors are qualified adults.
- Are there any registration fees?
- TBBA: There are no registration fees.
- Will an instructor sit down and discuss my goals?
- We are always happy to sit down with you and discuss your goals and answer questions.
- Do you require a contract? For how long?
- We do not require contracts, we want you to stay because of our great customer service and excellent Martial Arts, not because we have locked you in to a contract!
Q. Did Kyoshi Terry Bryan really catch an arrow with his bare hand?
A. Take a look for yourself on YouTube.
Q. What are the 10 magic phrases of Karate?
- Yes Ma'am
- No Ma'am
- Yes Sir
- No Sir
- Thank you
- You're Welcome
- May I
- Excuse ME
- I am Sorry